Area Designations for 1997 Ground-level Ozone Standards
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Here you can find links to various technical resources related to the 1997 ground-level ozone designations process.
- Technical justification (all chapters, ZIP archive) (100MB) in support of EPA's final designations.
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF) (5 pp, 104KB)
- Chapter 2: 8-Hour Ozone Nonattainment Designations and Classifications by State (PDF) (17 pp, 332KB)
- Chapter 3: Justifications in Support of EPA's 8-Hour Ozone Designations and Classifications (PDF) (438 pp, 3.2MB)
- Chapter 4: Classifications and Air Quality Data (PDF) (29 pp, 64KB)
- Chapter 5: Ranking of Nonattainment Counties (16 pp, 340KB)
- Chapter 6: Additional Supporting Documents (793 pp, 99.2MB)
- Chapter 7: Evaluation of Early Action Compact Local Plans (Milestone, March 31, 2004) (PDF) (88 pp., 644KB)
- Appendix A (PDF) (4 pp, 244KB)
- Responses to Comments (PDF) (261 pp, 783 KB) on 8-hour ozone designations
- Green Book on 8-h our ozone nonattainment
- Technical justification in support of EPA's intended (not final) nonattainment areas (ZIP archive) (1.2MB)