Below are four draft technical support materials intended to assist states and authorized tribes in:
- adopting the new selenium criterion,
- monitoring fish tissue,
- assessing and listing waters under CWA section 303(d), and
- submitting NPDES permits.
View public comments and other supporting documents on regulations.gov by searching for Docket Number EPA-HQ-OW-2016-0551.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Technical Support for Adopting and Implementing EPA’s 2016 Selenium Criterion in Water Quality Standards - Draft (PDF)(15 pp, 384 K, September 2016, EPA 820-F-16-010)
- Technical Support for Fish Tissue Monitoring for Implementation of EPA’s 2016 Selenium Criterion - Draft (PDF)(48 pp, 738 K, September 2016, EPA 820-F-16-007)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Implementing the 2016 Selenium Criterion in Clean Water Act Sections 303(d) and 305(b) Assessment, Listing, and Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Programs - Draft (PDF)(14 pp, 362 K, September 2016, EPA 820-F-16-008)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Implementing WQS that Include Elements Similar or Identical to EPA’s 2016 Selenium Criterion in Clean Water Act Section 402 NPDES Programs - Draft (PDF)(13 pp, 452 K, September 2016, EPA 820-F-16-009)