National Tribal Outreach Call - Implementing Executive Order 13777: Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda
The Office of International and Tribal Affairs/American Indian Environmental Office will host an informational session with tribal leaders, tribal government officials, and tribal organizations on EPA’s implementation of Executive Order 13777, Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda. The order directed EPA to identify regulations that may be appropriate for repeal, replacement or modification. EPA is now seeking public feedback to help identify such regulations.
Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 pm. EDT
The session will start with brief remarks from EPA and the remainder of the session will be dedicated to listening to tribal comments. There are several ways to join the session:
To join the teleconference: 400 telephone lines are set aside for people who want to speak for one to two minutes. You may phone in 15 minutes before the teleconference starts:
- Call: (844-400-8439)
Conference ID#: 19370496
- To join the web conference: URL: http://epawebconferencing.acms.com/eo13777/.
You may sign in 15 minutes before the web conference starts. The online meeting room can accommodate 500 participants. Slots will be allotted on a first come first serve basis. Participants in the web session will be able to listen to a broadcast of speakers from the teleconference line through their computers and will be able to submit written comments. Transcripts of all written comments will be submitted to the docket.
- If you miss the meeting or do not have the opportunity to speak or provide input via the online meeting, please submit your input to the EPA-wide docket https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=EPA-HQ-OA-2017-0190.
Submitting Comments and/or Proposals to the Docket
The docket will be open for submitting recommendations until May 15, 2017. For those wishing to submit recommendations online, visit Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OA-2017-0190 at Regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Once submitted, comments cannot be edited or removed from Regulations.gov.
To allow us to more effectively evaluate your suggestions, the Agency is requesting comments to include:
- Supporting data or other information such as cost information.
- Provide a Federal Register (FR) or Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) citation when referencing a specific regulation.
- Provide specific suggestions regarding repeal, replacement, or modification.
For more information, https://www.epa.gov/laws-regulations/regulatory-reform.