The first in a three-part webinar series on climate change adaptation for state and local governments, this webinar addressed the challenge of achieving community buy-in for adaptation projects. Through presentations on best practices, case studies, and an interactive panel, experts discussed how to integrate resilience considerations into mainstream decision making and how to simultaneously address mitigation and adaptation.
- (11:22, 5.2M), Emma Zinsmeister, U.S. EPA
- (13:39, 6.25M), Cara Pike, Social Capital Project
- (19:36, 8.97M), Cynthia Rosenzweig, NASA GISS, Columbia University
- (12:11, 5.57M), Nancy Gilliam and Gwen Griffith, Climate Solutions University
- (12:15, 6.06M), JT Lockman, Catalysis Adaptation Partners
- (14:23, 6.58M)
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Part 1: Welcome and Introduction (PDF)(13 pp, 399 K)
- Part 2: Adaptation Communications Overview (PDF)(17 pp, 2 MB)
- Part 3: Climate Adaptation Planning in Urban Environments (PDF)(14 pp, 2 MB)
- Part 4: Forests and Water Strategies (PDF)(13 pp, 747 K)
- Part 5: COAST Software Tool and Process (PDF)(25 pp, 4 MB)
- Participant Questions (PDF)(9 pp, 114 K)
- Transcript (PDF)(40 pp, 385 K)