NONROAD Model (Nonroad Engines, Equipment, and Vehicles)
NONROAD2008 has been incorporated into MOVES2014 and MOVES2014a. EPA recommends using MOVES2014a if you are having problems installing or using NONROAD2008 on newer operating systems.
The NONROAD2008 model is intended for Windows 98 and later. Its primary use is for estimation of air pollution inventories by professional mobile source modelers, such as state air quality officials and consultants. NONROAD2008 updates NONROAD2005 to include new nonroad emission standards promulgated in 2008 related to small gasoline engines and pleasure craft.
You may also be interested in NONROAD Technical Reports.
- NONROAD2008a Installation and Updates: known issues and updates to NONROAD2008
- Frequently Asked Questions: NONROAD2008 Emission Inventory Model (PDF) (5 pp, 190K, EPA420-F-09-021, April 2009)
- "EPA NONROAD Model Updates of 2008" International Emission Inventory Conference presentation of changes from NONROAD2005 (PDF) (29 pp, 100K, EPA420-F-09-020, April 2009)
- Overview & Full Installation Instructions - Please follow these instructions closely to install any NONROAD model files.
- NONROAD2008a Core Model and Data Files (ZIP)(1 pg, 3 MB)
- Graphic User Interface (GUI) full installation (ZIP)(1 pg, 4 MB)
- includes nrgui.exe and all needed DLL/system files. If you already had the NONROAD2005 GUI installed on your system, then you only need to update the GUI executable (in nrgui08.zip) provided below.
- NONROAD Graphical User Interface 2008 (ZIP)(1 pg, 112 K) - nrgui08.zip (version 2008.1.0), posted April 2009. If you have never installed the GUI on your current computer, you should use the full GUI installation above.
- Reporting Utility files -- There are no updates for these from NONROAD2005. So if you have the NONROAD2005 versions, you do not need to download these. Otherwise, download both of these:
- MS-Access 2002 Runtime software (ZIP)(1 pg, 34 MB) - Needed to run Reporting Utility only if you do not already have a copy of Microsoft Access 2002(XP) or Access 2003.
- Suggested Nationwide Average Fuel Properties (PDF) (2 pp, 70K, EPA420-B-09-018, April 2009)- Suggested Diesel Fuel Sulfur Inputs and Gasoline Ethanol content by year, important for modeling diesel PM and SO2 emissions as well as all gasoline engine emissions.
- Fortran Source Code (ZIP)(1 pg, 453 K) Fortran source for Core Model and Visual Basic source for GUI. Optional, for reference only. Not needed to run model.
If you prefer to receive a CD that contains the non-ZIP'd model files, please email email@example.com or fax 734-214-4939 with your request and mailing address.
This has not been updated for NONROAD2008. See NONROAD2008a Installation and Updates or Frequently Asked Questions: NONROAD2008 Emission Inventory Model (PDF) (5 pp, 190K, EPA420-F-09-021, April 2009) for additional information.
- NONROAD2005 User's Guide (PDF) (202 pp, 1.6MB, EPA420-R-05-013, December 2005)
- April 2009 18th International Emission Inventory Conference (Baltimore) -- NONROAD2008 Poster Presentation
- EPA NONROAD Model Updates of 2008 (PDF) (28 pp, 100K, EPA420-F-09-020, April 2009)
- May 2006 15th International Emission Inventory Conference (New Orleans) -- NONROAD2005 Training
- April 2003 12th International Emission Inventory Conference (San Diego) -- NONROAD Paper
- Paper and Slides on Draft Nonroad Emission Inventory Model
- Slides also available in PowerPoint file format: 2003 NONROAD Presentation (PPT)(52 pp, 446 K)
- Nonroad Model Workshop #4, November 5, 2002: Ann Arbor: A 3-day modeling workshop was held in Ann Arbor, MI, November 5 through 7, 2002. Only the first day of the workshop (November 5) was devoted to NONROAD model. The second and third days were devoted to the MOVES model and MOBILE6 model, respectively.
- Presentations and agenda from the 1-day NONROAD Session are available in two formats:
- Nonregulatory Nonroad Duty Cycles
For further information or assistance regarding this web page, please contact the ASD Info Line at 734-214-4636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.