An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get funding for my research or technology?

EPA cannot provide funding to partners through its technology transfer process.

If you are looking for funding for an innovative technology, try these EPA resources:

How can I access EPA research facilities in Cincinnati to further develop my technology?

EPA can share research facilities with its partners through Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs).

For more information on these agreements, visit our Start a Collaboration page.

Interested parties can also contract for direct access to EPA’s Test and Evaluation Facility through the contractor charged with operating the facility.

For more information, visit our Facilities page.

How do I get my technology approved by EPA?

The approval your technology needs and the process for obtaining that approval will depend on what kind of technology you are developing.

The following are some of the programs EPA uses to approve new water technologies.

How can I get my technology verified?

EPA certifies the performance of certain water-efficient technologies through the WaterSense label. EPA does not verify the performance of other types of technology.

How do I get access to EPA scientists?

EPA scientists are available to meet with technology developers to answer general questions about technology development, testing, and approval. If you are interested in setting up a meeting with an EPA researcher in Cincinnati, please contact Roy Haught.

Roy Haught (