Brownfields Fiscal Year 2014 Grant Funding Guidelines and Announcements
FY14 Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training Grant Application Guidelines - Request for Proposals
EPA is announcing the availability of funding to nonprofit organizations and eligible entities to deliver environmental workforce development and job training programs focused on hazardous and solid waste management, assessment, and cleanup associated activities, chemical safety, and wastewater management. These Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training (EWDJT) grants are provided to recruit, train, and place, unemployed and under-employed, including low-income and minority, residents historically affected by hazardous and solid waste sites and facilities with the skills needed to secure full-time, sustainable employment in the environmental field and in the assessment and cleanup work taking place in their communities. Proposals are due February 13, 2014.
- Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training Grant Guidelines (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (17 pp, 196K)
ANNOUNCING New Request for Proposals- FY 2014 Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund and Cleanup Grant Guidelines
These Brownfields grants may be used to address sites contaminated by petroleum and hazardous substances, pollutants, or contaminants (including hazardous substances co-mingled with petroleum). Opportunities for funding are as follows: Brownfields Assessment Grants (each funded up to $200,000 over three years; coalitions are funded up to $600,000 over three years), Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Grants (each funded up to $1,000,000 over five years) and Brownfields Cleanup Grants (each funded up to $200,000 over three years). Please note that applicants who received an Assessment grant from EPA in Fiscal Year 2013 (FY13) are not eligible to apply under this competition. If the applicant was a member of a coalition that was awarded a grant in FY13, that applicant is not eligible to apply under this assessment competition. The proposal submission deadline is January 22, 2014.
- Webinar Tools to Assist in Preparing your FY14 ARC Proposals
To assist applicants with their proposals, EPA recently held two webinars. Slides for that webinar can be found below.
- FY14 ARC National Webinar Slides (PDF) (55 pp, 1.14M)
- FY2014 Brownfields Assessment Grant Guidelines (PDF) (62 pp, 437K)
- FY2014 Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grant Guidelines (PDF) (56 pp, 411K)
- FY2014 Brownfields Cleanup Grant Guidelines (PDF) (65 pp, 453K)
- FY2014 Assessment Guideline Checklist (PDF) (11 pp, 552K)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF) (52 pp, 908K)