All News Releases By Date
EPA and NH Officials to Hold Press Event Wednesday at Old Pillsbury Mill Site
Release Date: 10/26/04
Contact: Peyton Fleming, EPA Press Office (617-918-1008)
For Immediate Release: October 26, 2004; Release #04-11-01
TILTON, NH – EPA’s top New England official will be joining members of the Congressional delegation and state environmental officials at a press event at 3 p.m. Wednesday, October 27, at the Old Pillsbury Mill removal site in Tilton, NH.
The press conference will focus on the recent completion of cleanup activities at the site and future plans for reusing the property. Contaminated soil has been removed from the site and the Tilton Riverfront Park Committee is working with local, state and federal leaders to create a riverfront park on the site of the former mill building.
Speakers at the press conference will include:
- Robert W. Varney, regional administrator, EPA’s New England Office
- Mike Walls, assistant commissioner, NH Department of Environmental Services
- US Senator Judd Gregg
- US Congressman Charles Bass
From the South:
- Take Route 93 north to Exit 19
- Take a left at the bottom of the ramp onto Route 132
- Follow Route 132 to the first light which is West Main St. / Route - 3
- Make a left onto West Main St. / Route -3 and follow to 336 West Main St.
- Parking is available next to the site at Riverfront Place, about 100 yards up on the left
Brownfields Program in
NH DES Brownfields Program: Pillsbury Mill