All News Releases By Date
EPA WaterSense Award presented to local manufacturers
Release Date: 10/08/2010
Contact Information: Peter Cassell, 312-886-6234, email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO (Oct. 7, 2010) - Plumbing fixture manufacturers Moen, based in North Olmstead, Ohio, and Kohler Co., located in Kohler, Wis., were recently recognized by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's WaterSense program for helping to promote water efficiency in their communities.
The WaterSense program's more than 2,000 partners help save water for future generations by promoting water efficiency and WaterSense-labeled products. Yesterday, EPA named four of these partners as the 2010 WaterSense Partners of the Year. The Agency also announced a select handful of Excellence Awards, a new expansion of the WaterSense awards program to recognize additional organizations and individuals whose WaterSense support stood out in one or more of the evaluation categories.
Moen was honored as a Partner of the Year for achievements including earning the WaterSense label for all of its 267 bathroom faucet fixtures, ensuring availability of water-saving faucets for consumers at every price point, and garnering significant national media attention for WaterSense.
After winning a WaterSense Partner of the Year award in 2008 and 2009, Kohler earned an Excellence Award this year for continued leadership in the water-efficiency field by hosting 49 educational and promotional events across the country, collaborating with national retailers, and training more than 8,000 professionals about water efficiency.
Along with Moen, EPA also gave the highest honor to three additional WaterSense Partners of the Year for their exceptional efforts in promoting WaterSense in 2009 in the following ways:
- Cascade Water Alliance collaborated with retailers and plumbers to promote water efficiency in the Puget Sound region and rebated more than 3,000 WaterSense labeled toilets for households and local businesses.
- Lowe's launched a "Build Your Savings" campaign to help customers select products that save water, energy and money, winning WaterSense Retail/Distributor Partner of the Year for the second year in a row.
- Judy Benson of Clear Water Products & Services Inc. educated businesses and consumers on outdoor water efficiency and encouraged other irrigation professionals in the central Florida region to partner with WaterSense.
In addition to Kohler, other Excellence Award winners include:
- Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority, N.M.
- Drains Plus Inc., Durham, N.C.
- Robert Dobson of Middletown Sprinkler Company, Port Monmouth, N.J.
- Bryan Condray of DLC Resources Inc. serving Ariz. and Nev.
EPA announced the winners at the WaterSmart Innovations Conference in Las Vegas, Nev., during its second annual WaterSense awards banquet, co-hosted with the Alliance for Water Efficiency on Oct. 6, 2010. To learn more about the WaterSense awards winners, visit www.epa.gov/watersense.
WaterSense, a partnership program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, seeks to protect the future of our nation's water supply by offering people a simple way to use less water with water-efficient products, new homes, and services. For more information on WaterSense, visit https://www.epa.gov/watersense.
EPA Region 5 is responsible for environmental protection in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and tribal nations. To learn more, visit https://www.epa.gov/region5.