All News Releases By Date
EPA Says Save Energy This Thanksgiving
Release Date: 11/24/1999
Contact Information: David Sternberg (215) 814-5548
David Sternberg (215) 814-5548
Saving energy saves money, reduces air pollution and helps us all breathe easier. EPA offers a few simple tips to save energy this Thanksgiving.
- Skip preheating the oven and limit the number of times you open the oven door.
- Make the most of your hot oven by cooking several things at once.
- Make sure stove top burners and reflectors are clean before you start cooking.
- Use pots and pans that match the size of your burners.
- Use your microwave when possible because it uses only half the energy of a conventional oven.