All News Releases By Date
EPA to Hold Public Informational Meetings on Woonasquatucket River Cleanup Plan
Release Date: 11/07/2011
Contact Information: Stacy Greendlinger (617) 918-1403
(Boston, Mass. - Nov. 7, 2011) - EPA New England announces a series of informational public meetings to present EPA’s preferred cleanup alternative for the Centredale Manor Restoration Project Superfund Site. The meetings are scheduled for:
- Tues. Nov. 8 at 7 pm to be held at the North Providence Town Hall, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 2000 Smith Street, North Providence, R.I.
- Wed. Nov. 9 at 7 pm to be held at the Johnston Senior Center, 1291 Hartford Ave., Johnston, R.I.
- Thurs. Nov. 10 at 2 pm to be held at the Centredale Manor, 2074 Smith St., North Providence, R.I.
At each of the meetings, representatives from the US EPA and the RI Department of Environmental Management will be available to address specific topics during the poster session prior to the proposed plan cleanup plan presentation. Items to be discussed at the meeting include:
- Why action needs to be taken to address dioxin and PCB contamination in and along the Woonasquatucket River;
- EPA’s preferred cleanup alternative;
- Why use an Upland Confined Disposal Facility; and,
- How and when the public can provide formal comments.
More information on the proposed cleanup plan for the Woonasquatucket River ( https://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/0/217C56F3CD3CD9AA852579360062E216 )
# # #
Learn More about the Latest EPA News & Events in New England (https://www.epa.gov/region1/newsevents/index.html)
Follow EPA New England on Twitter (http://twitter.com/epanewengland)