All News Releases By Date
Media Advisory: Great Lakes Advisor to Keynote Michigan Workshop; Discusses Future of GLRI
Release Date: 01/11/2011
Contact Information: Peter Cassell, 312-886-6234, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Immediate Release No. 11-OPA003
(CHICAGO – Jan. 11, 2011)
WHO: Cameron Davis, Senior Advisor to the EPA Administrator (Great Lakes).
WHEN: Thursday, Jan. 13, at 9:00 a.m.
WHERE: Lansing Center, 333 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing, Mich.
BACKGROUND: Cameron Davis will discuss progress under the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and challenges for moving forward over the coming year.
President Obama’s Great Lakes Restoration Initiative is the largest investment in the Great Lakes in two decades. The initiative calls for aggressive efforts to address five priorities:
- · Cleaning up toxics and toxic hot spots around the Great Lakes.
· Combating invasive species.
· Promoting nearshore health by protecting watersheds from polluted runoff.
· Restoring wetlands and other habitats.
· Accountability and working with strategic partners on outreach.
For more on the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, please visit www.greatlakesrestoration.us.
For more information on the Restoring Michigan’s Great Lakes Workshop please visit http://glc.org/spac/workshop-jan11.
# # #