All News Releases By Date
11 Facilities Added to EPA Region 4 Performance Track Program
Release Date: 03/22/2005
March 22, 2005
Contact: Laura Niles Phone: (404) 562-8353
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 4 announced today that 11 new facilities have been added as members of the National Environmental Performance Track Program. Performance Track rewards facilities that voluntarily exceed regulatory requirements, implement systems for improving environmental management, work with their communities, and set three-year goals for improvements in environmental performance. Only facilities with a record of sustained compliance with the environmental requirements are eligible to participate in this program. With the addition of these 11 facilities, 61 facilities in Region 4 have committed to superior environmental performance in the Performance Track Program.
The new Performance Track member facilities include:
- Hunter Douglas Tupelo Center, Tupelo, Miss.;
- 3M Decatur, Decatur, Ala.;
- Mammoth Cave Hotel, Mammoth Cave, Ky.;
- Bridgestone/Firestone North America Tire, LLC, Lavergne, Tenn.;
- Arizona Chemical, Port St. Joe, Fla., and Valdosta, Ga.;
- BFGoodrich Tire Manufacturing, Tuscaloosa, Ala.;
- Fuji Hunt Photographic Chemicals, Orange Park, Fla.;
- Georgia-Pacific Resins, Vienna, Ga.;
- Sharp Manufacturing, Memphis, Tenn.; and
- Rockwell Collins, Atlanta, Ga.
The Performance Track Program, established in 2000, currently has over 350 members in 46 states and Puerto Rico. Performance Track encourages participation by all-size facilities. The major industries are represented with manufacturers of chemical, electronic and electrical, and medical equipment composing nearly 40 percent of the current members. The public sector is also represented by members such as national defense installations, postal facilities, and municipalities.
For more information on Performance Track membership benefits, visit: https://www.epa.gov/performancetrack/benefits. For more information on the program in general, visit: https://www.epa.gov/performancetrack. For more information on the Corporate Leader designation, visit: https://www.epa.gov/performancetrack/corporateleaders.