All News Releases By Date
Teams Assembling to Screen Lockers At Cardozo High School for Mercury
Release Date: 3/15/2005
Contact Information: David Sternberg, (215) 814-5548
David Sternberg, (215) 814-5548
• District of Columbia Public Schools and EPA are assembling teams to screen all 800 lockers in Cardozo High School for mercury vapors.
• District of Columbia Department of Health has been invited to participate.
• School district personnel will open the lockers, which will then be screened by EPA personnel for mercury vapors using a Lumex vapor analyzer.
• EPA will take three readings in each locker using this state-of-the-art equipment which will identify and quantify mercury vapors, if any are present.
• EPA will remain on-site at Cardozo High School until the job is completed.