All News Releases By Date
EPA Encourages Nominations for Environmental Awards - Deadline Only Weeks Away
Release Date: 06/04/2008
Contact Information: Terri A. White 215-814-5523, email@example.com
PHILADELPHIA (June 4, 2008) The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s mid-Atlantic region will accept nominations until June 30 for a first-ever set of environmental achievement awards.
The EPA is encouraging people to nominate individuals and groups making significant contributions to help public health and the environment in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia.
The EPA Mid-Atlantic Environmental Achievement Awards will be presented in three categories:
· Non-profit or volunteer organization
· Business and industry
· State, local or federal government agency
Selections will be based on the following criteria:
· Significant sustained, measurable and replicable environmental results for a clearly defined environmental issue. These environmental results should relate to reducing pollution and/or protecting public health and the environment.
· Innovative ideas, approaches, techniques and/or technologies.
· Demonstrated leadership and outreach to others.
An EPA panel will review the nominations and select the winners. The agency will hold an awards ceremony at its regional office in Philadelphia on September 18.
For more information, www.epa.gov/region03/eaa.html.