All News Releases By Date
EPA Mid Atlantic Region Launches Podcast Series
Release Date: 07/28/2008
Contact Information: Terri A. White, 215-814-5523, email@example.com
(PHILADELPHIA, July 28, 2008) The mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today launched the first in a series of audio podcasts to bring to a listening audience environmental news and feature stories as well as helpful consumer tips.
Called “Environment Matters,” the podcasts will be presented regularly on the region’s Web site, www.epa.gov/region3 and will be available as an RSS feed for automated distribution.
The series begins with a podcast featuring tips on saving gas and in assessing claims by the makers of gadgets promising better fuel economy.
Other upcoming “matters” will include:
· An EPA program for inner-city students that is helping to build the next generation of environmental leaders.
· Work by EPA and others to monitor the state of ocean water at beaches.
· Back-to-school recycling tips that will save money and reduce waste
· A brownfields “revolution” in York, PA.
· An initiative to put “green” into black and white highways.
· A class that won an EPA contest to lower its school’s environmental footprint.
· New ways of targeting environmental improvements.
· Saving money and water.
Future segments will cover the range of environmental topics handled by EPA.