This brochure provides an overview of the multiple benefits of state and local clean energy initiatives, including:
- Increased electric system security, diversity, and overall reliability improvements for the electric system,
- Enhanced environmental quality, human health and quality of life, and
- Improved economic growth through energy cost savings, avoided medical costs, higher disposable incomes, increased labor productivity and more jobs.
It also answers the following questions:
- Why assess the many benefits of clean energy?
- What are the steps involved in estimating the benefits of clean energy initiatives?
- How can policy makers estimate the benefits of clean energy initiatives?
- Quantitative examples of how clean energy programs result in direct energy benefits.
- How to find more information.
- Clean Energy Benefits Overview Brochure (PDF)(4 pp, 486 K)