This is the second webinar in a multi-part series highlighting efforts by state and local agencies, non-profits, and utilities to bring energy efficiency and renewable energy (EE/RE) to low-income communities. The webinar series is part of EPA’s commitment under the Clean Power Plan to help overburdened communities benefit from EE/RE. The first webinar in the series explored the benefits of linking and leveraging energy programs for low-income households.
This 90-minute webinar explored the specific challenges and opportunities faced by programs that aim to improve energy efficiency in multifamily affordable housing, with an emphasis on achieving multiple benefits through deeper retrofits.
- (MP3) (10:27, 2.51M), Victoria Ludwig, U.S. EPA
- (MP3) (24:10, 6.1M), Todd Nedwick, Housing and Urban Development/Crystal Bergemann, Office of Community Planning and Development
- (MP3) (23:30, 6.04M), Angelina Benson-Glanz and Peter Ludwig, Elevate Energy
- (MP3) (23:22, 5.57M), Bill Ariano and Scott Falvey, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- (MP3) (6:52, 1.70M)
Presentations:You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Part 1: Welcome and Introduction (PDF)(12 pp, 845 K)
- Part 2: Introduction to National Housing Trust (PDF)(10 pp, 2 MB)
- Part 3: Introduction to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) (PDF)(10 pp, 683 K)
- Part 4: Creating One Stop Shop for Building Owners (PDF)(24 pp, 2 MB)
- Part 5: Designing Utility Programs to Coordinate Assistance (PDF)(21 pp, 3 MB)
- Participant Questions (PDF)(12 pp, 367 K)
- Transcript (PDF)(42 pp, 437 K)