AVERT - Tutorial Homepage
Welcome to the online training for the AVoided Emissions and geneRation Tool (AVERT).
AVERT estimates the potential of energy efficiency/renewable energy (EE/RE) programs to displace electricity system-related sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOx), and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in the continental United States. It helps you evaluate county, state and regional level emissions displaced by EE/RE programs—without requiring you to have specialized resources or electricity system expertise.
How To Use This Training
This training provides an overview of how AVERT works, step-by-step demonstrations of how to use the AVERT Main Module, and slides with information about the other AVERT modules. To use this training:
- Click on the Start Training button.
- Read the text on screen and click on the demonstration icon to view a demonstration.
- Click on the Next arrow to move to the next page.
- Click on items in the Resources box as needed such as Index to move to a specific topic of interest.
What You Will Need
Before beginning this training, we encourage you to:
- Turn on your speakers or plug in your headphones.
- Set your computer's screen resolution to 1280 x 1024.
If you are a Windows user, you can do this by clicking on Start >> Control Panel >> Display >> Settings.
- Read the technical requirements to make sure your desktop can run the AVERT application and this training.
- Download the AVERT Main Module and relevant Regional Data File(s) in new window.
This way you can try using AVERT yourself after watching demonstrations