News Releases from Region 06
U.S. EPA Honors 2019 ENERGY STAR® Partners of the Year in Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas
DALLAS - (April 9, 2019) Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 6 and the U.S. Department of Energy are honoring 16 ENERGY STAR partners for their outstanding contributions to public health and the environment. These enterprises have earned ENERGY STAR Awards for demonstrating national leadership in cost-saving energy efficient solutions. They are among the 183 ENERGY STAR Award Winners nationwide that will be honored in Washington, D.C., on April 11.
"I applaud the 2019 ENERGY STAR Award Winners," said EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation Bill Wehrum. "Their innovation and leadership enhance America's economic competitiveness. Reducing costly energy waste improves air quality and public health while protecting the environment."
"Through the ENERGY STAR program, companies bring energy and cost savings directly to customers," said Region 6 Acting Regional Administrator David Gray. "Communities throughout Region 6 are benefitting from these innovations."
For more than 25 years, EPA's ENERGY STAR program has been America's resource for saving energy and protecting the environment. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped save American families and businesses nearly 4 trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity and associated reductions of over 3 billion metric tons of greenhouse gases. In 2017 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped Americans save $30 billion in energy costs.
Examples of how Region 6 ENERGY STAR Award Winners have demonstrated leadership:
- Houston, Texas-CEMEX USA: This building supply manufacturer won Partner of the Year in Energy Management for the company's comprehensive energy management plan that spans all major operations based on principles in the ENERGY STAR Guidelines.
- New Orleans, La.-Entergy Arkansas LLC: The energy company won Partner of the Year in Energy Efficiency Program Delivery for leveraging ENERGY STAR criteria, third-party certification, and branding tools to deliver energy-efficient solutions to their customers.
- Albuquerque, NM-New Mexico Gas Company: The largest natural gas utility in the state won Partner of the Year in Energy Efficiency Program Delivery by incentivizing residential ENERGY STAR furnaces and other home utilities, ENERGY STAR certified new homes, and ENERGY STAR commercial food equipment.
- Irving, Texas-TexEnergy Solutions US Ecologic-This home energy rating company won Partner of the Year for Energy Efficiency Program Delivery for certifying more than 1,500 homes as ENERGY STAR in 2018, raising its all-time total to more than 50,000.
- The Woodlands, Texas-Entergy Texas Inc: This electric transmission and utility company won Partner of the Year for Energy Efficiency Program Delivery for demonstrating ongoing dedication to ENERGY STAR through its Entergy Texas High-Performance Homes program, saving customers nearly 1.4 million kilowatt hours.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible, and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions. Thousands of industrial, commercial, utility, state, and local organizations-including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500®-rely on their partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped save American families and businesses nearly 4 trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity and achieve over 3 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas reductions -all through voluntary action. In 2017 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped Americans avoid $30 billion in energy costs. More background information about ENERGY STAR can be found at: energystar.gov/about and energystar.gov/numbers.
Connect with EPA Region 6:
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eparegion6
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/EPAregion6
Activities in EPA Region 6: https://www.epa.gov/region6
# # #