News Releases from Region 07
Thursday, June 25: EPA to Hold Public Hearing in Kansas City, Kan., on Proposed Rule for Renewable Fuel Standards
NEWS MEDIA ADVISORY
(Lenexa, Kan., June 23, 2015) - On Thursday, June 25, EPA will hold a national public hearing in Kansas City, Kan., to receive comments on the Agency's proposed rule, "Renewable Fuel Standard Program: Standards for 2014, 2015, and 2016 and Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2017."
EPA is responsible for developing and implementing regulations to ensure that transportation fuel sold in the United States contains a minimum volume of renewable fuel. The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program regulations were developed in collaboration with refiners, renewable fuel producers, and many other stakeholders.
EPA is proposing the volume requirements and associated percentage standards that would apply under the RFS program in calendar years 2014, 2015, and 2016 for cellulosic biofuel, biomass-based diesel, advanced biofuel, and total renewable fuel. EPA is also proposing the volume requirement for biomass-based diesel for 2017.
The upcoming public hearing will provide interested parties the opportunity to present data, views, or arguments concerning the proposal, which is available online.
Christopher Grundler, Director of EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality, and other Agency officials and representatives, will attend the hearing. Grundler will have two media availabilities during the day (11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.).
- WHAT: National Public Hearing on Proposed Rule for Renewable Fuel Standards
- WHEN: The hearing will begin at 9:00 a.m. Central Time on Thursday, June 25, 2015. It will conclude when all parties present who wish to speak have had an opportunity to do so.
- WHERE: Jack Reardon Center, 520 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, Kan., 66101
- A call-in line for the hearing will be available from 8:45 a.m. Central Time and conclude when all parties present who wish to speak have had an opportunity to do so.
- Toll-free: 877-396-8104 or 720-362-6938, participant code 29834687#. This is a listening line only.
- Due to the large number of participants, the hearing will be held in two separate rooms simultaneously. Only one of the rooms will be audible to the participants on the phone.
EPA may ask clarifying questions during the oral presentations but will not respond to the presentations at that time. Written statements and supporting information submitted during the comment period will be considered with the same weight as any oral comments and supporting information presented at the public hearing. Written comments must be received by the last day of the comment period, July 27, 2015.
A complete set of documents related to the proposal will be available for public inspection through the Federal eRulemaking Portal: www.regulations.gov, Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2015-0111. Documents can also be viewed at the EPA Docket Center, located at 1301 Constitution Avenue NW, Room 3334, Washington, D.C., between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.